PBC Study and Devotion Notes
Book: Hebrews Chapter: 12
Today’s Message: Hebrews 12:25-29
Previous Notes from Hebrews 12:18-24
(18-19) The Mountain at Sinai was filled with fear and judgment.
(20) The Mountain at Sinai demonstrated our need for a Mediator.
(21) The Mountain at Sinai was filled with fear and judgment.
(22) Believers have come to a heavenly city through their faith in Christ.
(23) You Have Come to the Church of the firstborn and before a Righteous Judge.
(24) You Have Come to the Mediator of a New Covenant.
Sunday 04/19/20: Hebrews 12:25-29
(25) Point #1- Do not refuse the ____________ of ____________ speaking through the Gospel.
(26-27) Point #2- Believers have ______________ a _______________ that cannot be _______________.
(28-29) Point #3- Believers should serve Him with a _______________and ________________ heart, for our God is a ______________ ___________.
Deeper Study Discussion Questions
- What reason is given that we should listen to God?
- In what ways do people refuse God’s voice today?
- How did the earthquake at Sinai foreshadow future events?
- In what way will the future shaking be greater?
- What are the things which can be shaken and what will happen to them?
- What are the things which cannot be shaken?
- Is your life invested in unshakeable things?
- What should be our response to the blessing of being part of God’s everlasting kingdom?
- What kind of service does God seek from us?
- What is meant by the phrase our God is a consuming fire?